Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Resolutions 2010

1) lose weight
2) get organized
3)make more money
4)read a classic novel every month
5) write everyday

Except for numbers 4 and 5, I probably have the same resolutions as most people. The difference is that this year I am really going to do them ( I know-that's what everyone says.) I started on Sunday the 3rd because New Year's fell on a Friday and there were too many leftovers from my brother's party(showing great resolve already.) On Saturday I had to get rid of all the bad food in the house (by eating it of course-more resolve) which left no energy to work on resolution number 2, although I did start reading Don Quixote.
Sunday was a productive day. I made eggs and spinach for breakfast using a minuscule amount of olive oil for the spinach. Afterward I made a vegetarian chili. My daughters and I have agreed to give up meat for the month of January, part of the effort to achieve resolution 1. Did I mention we are major carnivores? Amazingly enough today is day 3 and we have survived. It does help that they sell imitation meat, which in a sense defeats the purpose. I guess it is similar to Nicorette that smoker's use when they are trying to kick the habit.
Yesterday I purchased an exercise ball and resistance bands. My youngest daughter pumped up the ball and I reviewed the manual. As much as I want to use the ball I am afraid that I will either pop it or roll off. The resistance bands seem easy enough to use, it is my resistance to exercise which is the problem.
Well off I go as I return to work on number 2. So far I have filled half a hefty bag of miscellaneous paperwork I saved for no apparent reason- so much fun (not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment